Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Hero


We got to visit one of my favorite people in the world over the weekend - my Grandma Boettcher. She'll be 90 in March, but you wouldn't know it by looking at her. She's breathtakingly beautiful and smart as a whip. She's vibrant and energetic and full of adorable stories. She is my hero and one of the dearest people to my heart.

We all met up in Waxahachie at my Mom and GB's house. Mary flew down with Grandma, and Johnny came, too. The twins had a blast, and they loved their Great Grandma, who played basketball with them and cuddled with them. Grandma kept us all laughing. We all took turns losing to her at Scrabble, and whenever she had a spare minute, she cranked out a crossword puzzle as easily as I brush my teeth. Amazing.

We're hoping to visit her this summer in Michigan for a late birthday celebration. We'll see if Nate and I are brave enough to fly with the twins EVER again. That's another story...

No comments:

Post a Comment