Monday, March 16, 2009

Where Did You Come From, Young Adult?

The last several weeks have been a trip. Nate and I have slowly been introduced to the realities of complete-sentence speaking because of Ella, the twins' adorable older cousin. Just the other day, Ella rode with me in the car, and I swear I was talking to a 20-year-old friend. So grown up and FUNNY!

Even though Ella has conditioned us quite well, we're still shocked when our twins communicate in full, correct sentences. We're talking nouns, verbs, compound adjectives - the whole works!

My favorite memory from the weekend was sitting at the table eating a late breakfast while the kids were playing in the living room. I heard footsteps behind me and heard Owen say, "What are you doing, Mommy? Eating cereal?" So clear, so grown up. Melted my heart. No more Reynolds babies!

And Nate and I can't remember the last time we changed a poopy diaper for Owen. Halelujah! Evan still has the occasional accident. But that's a small price to pay. At least he tells us about it. In complete sentences!

No comments:

Post a Comment